Bio-Synergy ambassador Charlotte Clarke has been in the kitchen cooking up a storm to help us stay on track through the colder winter days.
She has put together this delicious dish that is quick to make.
1/2 red pepper
1/2 red onion
8-10 cherry tomatoes
4 asparagus heads
1 red chilli
1 Kallo vegetable stock cube
Peri Peri salt/ Cajun spice
1 clove garlic
Extra virgin olive oil spray
1 broccoli to roast as a side
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
2. Chop garlic, courgette, red onion and pepper and place in the bottom of a casserole dish/ deep
3. Add the tomatoes and Spray with oil spray. Roast in the oven for approximately 20mins
4. Place oats, chopped chilli, Peri Peri salt, black pepper and stock cube to a medium saucepan
5. Add boiling water and cook on a medium temperature until a thick porridge consistency
6. Remove roasted vegetables from the oven and top with the oat mixture
7. Press asparagus heads into the top
8. Bake in the oven for approximately 20mins
9. OPTIONAL- chop broccoli, spray with oil spray and roast in the oven until the edges start to
catch and brown
10. Serve and enjoy!
Other serving suggestions:
– For you meat lovers, enjoy with grilled chicken breast or white fish
– Vegans who can eat soy could enjoy with grilled tofu or add a layer of tofu between the roasted veg before topping with the oats
– Try part cooking peppers and stuffing with the savoury oats mixture
Find out more about Charlotte on her ambassador page.