A British favourite adored by many.
Whether you are enjoying it in the comfort of your home watching the tv or out and about, down the beach being served it in some cones or newspaper we all love a good old fish and chips.
Today marks #NationalFishandChipsDay so below is a little healthy twist on this classic and all under 500 kcal.
- 1 medium sized potato scrubbed and cut into chips
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 30g fresh breadcrumb
- zest 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 thick white fish fillet
- 100g cherry tomato
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
How to make me
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Cut the potato into chips leaving skin on. Lay the chips into a large baking tray and dizzle with half the extra virgin olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper. Shake the tray so the chips are fully coated then bake for 40 mins. Turn after 20 mins.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the lemon zest and parsley, then season well. Top the fish evenly with the mixture, then drizzle with a small amount of extra virgin olive oil. Place the fish in a roasting tray with the tomatoes and bake for 15 mins until crispy.